Shuckin' Shack Franchise
It's always a SHUCKIN' GOOD TIME when you're a Shuckin' Shack Franchise Owner!
About Shuckin' Shack
DOMINATE AN INDUSTRY, OWN A SHUCKIN’ AWESOME BAR
Secure your legacy and generate $1,342,640* in net sales!
- Top Franchise Owner NET Profit + Salary - Single Location: $499,042!
Award-Winning Shuckin’ Shack Franchises Are:
- An incredible place for the community to hang out
- The best bar in town to watch sports
- The coldest damn beers in town
- The best SHUCKIN’ oysters hands-down in the USA
- The freshest, most sustainably sourced seafood you can get
- A relaxed, coastal feel, decorated to reflect the local vibe (whether you’re on the coast or not)
Things Our Owners Have to Do WITHOUT:
- Cubicles and soul-crushing office space
- Overcooked burgers or shrimp, stringy calamari or cold ‘dead’ fish
- Real competition
* in 2020
Why Choose Shuckin' Shack?
TIRED OF WORKING FOR SOMEBODY ELSE’S BOTTOM LINE?
4 REASONS TO TELL YOUR BOSS TO SHUCK OFF:
1) Un-SHUCKIN’-Believable Profitability:
- Average NET Sales $1,342,640
- Average Net Profit + Owner Salary: $206,084*
- Top Performer Net Sales: $2,562,828*
- Top Performer Net Profit + Salary: $499,042*
2) No National Competition: Own the only place in town like this! People want a unique place to gather and drink — no community needs another dull chicken franchise or burger bar.
3) Be the go-to sports bar hangout (minus the bad food): Be the most incredible place in your town to hang out, AND the best place for people to shuck around with their friends before, during, or after the game.
4) Uniquely fun culture and extraordinary customer reviews: This is the most fun you can have as a Franchise Owner, and the customers love it too — with hundreds and hundreds of 5-star reviews on Yelp and Google, like this one:
“I typically avoid chains because I feel that the “local” feel gets lost in the flurry of “flair” items and generic menus. Not so with this place! This place is born of the local feel of coastal North Carolina and the low country seafood boil tradition.” - Alex D.
*Refer to 2022 Franchise Disclosure Document Item 19 - Table 6
THE BEST SHUCKIN' OYSTERS IN THE COUNTRY, AND IT’S NOT EVEN CLOSE
It would be pretty dumb to open an oyster bar if you weren’t sure you were serving the best, most award-winning oysters available.
We’ve got more 5-star reviews on Facebook and Google than we’ll ever be able to comb through; plus, check out this list of awards:
- Ocean Friendly Establishment Certified
- James Beard Foundation List as Committed for the Smart Catch Program
- “Best New Restaurant of The Year,” North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce
- “Best In Seafood” Forsyth County, Forsyth County News (3 years in a row!)
- “Best in Seafood,” Wake County Living Readers Choice
- “Best Bloody Marys ‘Shack Attack,’” Party Wilmington
- “Best Raw Bar,” Wilmington Magazine
- “Best Oysters,” Encore Magazine
- “Top 22 Seafood Dives in America,” Coastal Living Magazine
- “Best Taste Award,” Share the Table
- “Best Seafood Restaurant,” Summerville Journal Scene
- Recognized by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources for the Recycling Oyster Shell Program
A RESPECT FOR SUSTAINABILITY: HOW SHUCKIN’ SHACK HELPS PROTECT THE OCEAN
We only serve domestic seafood caught by our network of certified vendors, and we partner with several organizations to ensure we’re giving customers the freshest seafood ethically possible.
- James Beard Foundation’s Smart Catch Program
- Oyster Shell Recycling Program
- Shellfish Growers Climate Coalition
- Plastic Ocean Project
- Surfrider Foundation
In addition, we’re proud to boast:
- We’re a Certified Ocean Friendly Establishment
- 100% Wild American Shrimp (caught in American waters by American fisherman)
- Responsibly Aquacultured Oysters (safer, more sustainable oysters)
- Sustainable products (no styrofoam, plastic bags or drinks in plastic bottles at any location)
All of this translates to a better product, better reputation, and a better way to ensure we can serve the same high-quality, fresh seafood for the foreseeable future.
Training & Support
How could there be no place to get raw oysters in a beach town that is loaded with seafood? That was the question on Matt Piccinin and Sean Cook's minds back in 2007 as they searched the sleepy town of Carolina Beach, North Carolina, in vain for a neighborhood oyster bar. Through cases of beer and plans scrawled on napkins, the pair began work on what would become the world's first Shuckin' Shack Oyster Bar. Their plans led to a 900-square-foot monument to domestic seafood, cold beer, and laid-back fun for the locals who would flock to it upon opening.
Matt and Sean's simple idea has since evolved into a sustainably-sourced seafood and bar concept that continues to grow every year since its inception. In 2012, Matt and Sean opened a second Shuckin’ Shack just 25 minutes away from their original location, followed by a third location in 2014.
After realizing the success of their model and scalability of Shuckin’ Shack, Matt and Sean decided that franchising would allow them to expand well beyond the Carolina Coast. Shuckin’ Shack Franchising opened its first location in Summerville, South Carolina in April of 2015. Since 2015, Shuckin’ Shack has grown to 15 restaurants with several more in development. We remain dedicated to our mission to show each guest “A Good Shuckin’ Time” through fresh seafood, high-quality spirits, and exceptional customer service.
$352,700 - $1,128,252
HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SIT IN THE CAPTAIN’S SEAT?
Why be part of the crew when you can be the captain? Here are some traits of the people who succeed as a Shuckin’ Shack Owner:
- Driven people with leadership skills
- Proven knowledge of how to communicate with others
- Results-oriented with an understanding of the service industry. acy
- Ready to dominate their local market with an industry-leading product and service
- Ready to build a legacy for their family and become a unique focus in their community
GET STARTED TODAY!
There is a unique opportunity in 2022 that may not come around again. Make sure you bring a Shuckin’ Shack to your town before someone else does!
With the amount of fun you can have as an Owner and the feeling you get bringing the community together in a laid-back, fun, coastal atmosphere, opportunities are going fast. Don’t miss out!