Basketball Training Systems Licensor
Foundered by retired NBA player Larry Hughes, BTS provides a great opportunity for you to own your own basketball training business, positively influencing the lives of the kids you train, while running a profitable business. You can truly do “good” and do “well” at the same time! Our mission is “To build peak performers on and off the court.” BTS provides facility design, training curriculum, business systems, and the support you need to run a successful youth basketball training program. We create a unique training experience using our Elite Training Facility design in a 5,000 sq ft+- facility which keeps your real estate costs lower, while enhancing the members training experience in a branded and fun environment. Using player tracking technology and our digital locker we provide the most advanced systems and tools on the market. Licensee’s include existing and retired NBA players including Chris Paul, Larry Hughes, and Bobby Jackson. Given the great brand recognition of many of our partners, we do not require that you use our brand name so you are a licensee of our products and services rather than a franchisee. However, if you want to brand your facility with an NBA player we can certainly make that happen as well!
About Basketball Training Systems
A member at one of our facilities receives innovative basketball training, structured through training cycles:
- Built as ten separate 5-week cycles (courses) representing a full year curriculum
- Each cycle contains 10 training sessions
- Engage with NBA players, coaches, and trainers to learn from the best
- Whether you’re a beginner or an elite player, you can always advance to the next level using our comprehensive training program
We have cultivated a fabulous customer experience with:
- Unique, cost-efficient, and replicable facilities design
- Appealing look and feel
- Advanced player tracking technology
- Unique and fun curriculum
Our innovative services, programs, and technology comprise the most comprehensive basketball business platform in the industry. In addition to an experienced executive team there to assure the success of our licensees, we provide a Resource Library with over 1500 documents to support facility operations.
BTS has partnered with several “best of breed” sports technology companies to measure and capture athlete performance while at our facilities. We currently measure movement on the court and shot statistics. The data is exhibited in our proprietary Digital Locker.
Data is used to:
- Improve player performance
- Create a gamified platform driving player behavior
- Provide standardized information on various age groups
The athlete data collected at our facilities can be viewed online in our proprietary Digital Locker, designed with gamification features to drive customer engagement and training behavior. The Digital Locker reinforces the value of our training, whether practiced at our facilities or at home with our TAAP Program.
BTS has partnered with Kinexon Sports Sciences, a “best of breed” technology company that provides technology to 25 NBA teams. Kinexon utilizes sensors to track player positioning and performance data and integrates with an optical shot tracking solution.
Basketball is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. We offer a framework to harness that growth and provide business owners a great opportunity to make money while making a difference.
Why Choose Basketball Training Systems?
If you enjoy high energy, sports, and positively impacting the lives of kids, then this is the business opportunity for you. This opportunity is truly unique; A journey is like no other. And you don’t need to be a basketball player to run a successful operation. We train your staff to handle that part of the business.
We are one of only a few that provides a sustainable subscription-based platform for youth basketball. Total investment is only approximately $300,000 which can include equity and debt.
You train at our St Louis Headquarters working with a floor-training team lead by Larry Hughes, as well as a seasoned executive team that will teach you the ropes. We work with you weekly to guide you through your business development journey.
Training & Support
- Real Estate - Receive the support you need to navigate site selection and lease negotiation to find the ideal site for your BTS location.
- Finance - Our 3rd party support team will provide assistance in loan processing through preferred financiers.
- Site Build Support - We’ll guide you through the entire build out process from corporate approved layout and general construction to interior design and on-site security and technology.
- Sales - Enjoy comprehensive and ongoing sales training, monthly calls, expert guidance from pre-sale through to Grand Opening and into sustainability. Get introduced to our multi-channel sales process to drive sales from the start!
- Marketing - The minute you sign your lease agreement, the marketing of your location begins, with personalized support to set up social media, marketing materials and all means of generating website traffic and memberships.
- Recruitment - Receive assistance hiring the most qualified instructors, general managers & sales team. Developer labor pool is vast. There are hundreds of adults who love and have played basketball that are trainable with our systems.
- Comprehensive Training - We believe extensive support and comprehensive training is pivotal for your success as a BTS licensee. You’ll attend a multi-day training course at our corporate headquarters in St Louis Mo and ongoing weekly support. Your staff will also undergo extensive sales training to ensure your team excels in your studio’s goals.
BTS was founded in 2015 and has 5 current locations, with several more underway. The first few years were focused on building the curriculum and business systems to replicate for future licensees.
$300,000 - $350,000
The Ideal Candidate is someone who loves basketball, and more importantly loves kids! You need to have the liquidity to sustain through the ramp-up phase of the business. You can be successful with as little as $75,000 in equity; however, this is not for you if you do not have the resources to address the ups and downs you see in EVERY business opportunity.