Anchor Bar Franchise
Home of the Original Buffalo Wing and part of food history. Expanding nationally with plenty of territory available for franchisees to grow. Learn more about joining our team now.
About Anchor Bar
The Anchor Bar created The Original Buffalo Wing in 1964 and now over 50 years later serves more than 100,000 pounds of Buffalo chicken wings per month. The Anchor Bar is a landmark in Buffalo and a destination for Buffalo visitors every year. Their bottled wing sauce now retails in over 5,000 supermarkets worldwide. With close to 15 locations in NY, TX, CA, GA and MD, they are poised for expansion all throughout the US.
Franchisees opening a traditional location will need 4,500 to 6,000 plus square feet of space, will receive a protected territory and can open multiple locations if qualified.
The recently introduced On The Fly model requires 2,000 to 4,000 square feet of space and is optimal for candidates wanting to start smaller, existing franchisees wishing to grow throw a smaller footprint and those that want a foot-in-the-door but cannot fund a traditional Anchor Bar.
* in 2020
Why Choose Anchor Bar?
Though best known for its award-winning, world famous wings and sauces, Anchor Bar has a diverse menu consisting of pizza, burgers, Buffalo staple beef on weck, great appetizers, salads and desserts. Our sports bar area features traditional and craft beer popular in the area along with specialty drinks and wine. Locations blend family friendly casual dining, sports bar atmosphere and great food and drink.
- Anchor Bar invented the Buffalo Wing in 1964: while most markets have establishments featuring Wings, none of them can lay claim to being the originator.
- Anchor Bar express ships thousands of pounds of their world-famous wings around the world.
- Diverse location possibilities…traditional, outdoor mall, free-standing, QSR, etc.
- Comprehensive training program takes franchisee through all phases of operations.
- Marketing and real estate team in place to assist franchisees.
- Exposure through supermarket sales of wing sauce.
- Anchor Bar has been featured on Food Network, Travel Channel and numerous others including Prime Time network TV.
- Site selection and lease negotiation support through national commercial broker network.
Training & Support
- The right to use the Anchor Bar business systems and know-how through initial and ongoing training, provision of operating manual and standard recipes.
- Site Selection and lease support and identification of local suppliers and service providers.
- Technical support in relation to customized store designs and layouts.
- Post-Launch support including soft opening and launch event, on the job training and store monitoring.
- Guidance and content in relation to launch and annual marketing plans and customized design and artwork.
- Ongoing field visits to franchised stores and regular review of financial performance.
- Ongoing market research and introduction of new products, promotions and marketing ideas.
Anchor Bar has been a Buffalo staple for nearly a century, but the date that put the brand on the map was March 4th, 1964 when the Buffalo Wing was invented by co-founder Teressa Bellissimo. From that evening the Buffalo wings became a regular part of the menu and a phenomenon that has spread across the globe and been the inspiration for entire restaurant chains. Since then, then brand has been regularly featured in national publications, cooking and travel shows, and on several prime-time network TV programs. They created a distribution system for its sauces and developed into a franchise model; first locally and now nationally. Along the way, Anchor Bar has won numerous and prestigious awards for its wings and sauces.
Of the many distinctive Awards earned by the Anchor Bar, two of the most noteworthy were bestowed in 2003.
In April 2003, the Anchor Bar was given the “James Beard Foundation Award.” This is given to restaurants “that have timeless appeal, beloved for quality food that reflect the history and character of the community. It is for an American classic.”
In May 2003, the Anchor Bar received the “Quality International Award” for its sauces. Presented with the prestigious gold medal, the Anchor Bar was judged the “Best of the Best” in a contest in which more then 1,000 sauces were entered. The judges were from the American Culinary and Tasting Institute.
Regular Award Winner at the National Wing Festival
- Best Dry Rub – 2019
- Best of Show – 2018
- Festival Favorite -2017
- Best Traditional Wings – 2016
Best Sports Bar – San Antonio Yelp
NFL Players’ Favorite Dining on the Go – NFL Magazine
Best Chicken Wings in numerous cities and publications- numerous other awards, proclamations and designations.
$375,000 - $850,000
Franchisees candidates should be well-capitalized and demonstrate motivation, passion and openness to following a proven system. Industry experience or past business ownership is not a requirement as our training and support is significant.